Author: Srinivas Chemboli, Postgraduate Student, School of Computer Science, The Australian National University
Published: Wednesday, 22 July 2009
Full story at: http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/blogs/southasiamasala/2009/07/22/deconstructing-bollywood/
Colourful dances, swirling chiffons and over the top emotions – images conjured up at the mere mention of Bollywood, India’s entertainment capital in ‘maximum city’ Mumbai. But it’s not all song and play in the land of dreams and aspirations.Filmmaking in Bollywood is a serious and often heart-breaking affair, replete with drama and high jinks. What every producer ultimately seeks is the holy grail of the local film industry: the recipe for a Bollywood Blockbuster.
This blog entry is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Zucchinis: 3, sliced
- Capsicum: 1, seeded, and cut into thick strips
- Pumpkin: 1 cup, cubed
- Potato: 1, peeled, coarsely chopped
- Water: 2 cups
- Turnip: 1, cut in half and sliced lengthwise
- Chickpeas: 1 cup, cooked and drained
- Tomatoes: 4, diced
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper (ground): 1/2 teaspoon
- Hot green chillies: 2, finely chopped
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Fructose sugar: 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the asafoetida, zucchinis, capsicum, pumpkin, potato, and turnips.
- Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, black pepper, chillies, salt, and sugar.
- Add 1 cup water and stir well.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes and set aside.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.
n. the most successful point; the culmination
Welcome! I’m just moving in, and things are a bit disorganized at the moment. Do check back soon for some interesting updates.