Recipe: Spicy Vegetable Sauce
August 1, 2008 § 1 Comment
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Zucchinis: 3, sliced
- Capsicum: 1, seeded, and cut into thick strips
- Pumpkin: 1 cup, cubed
- Potato: 1, peeled, coarsely chopped
- Water: 2 cups
- Turnip: 1, cut in half and sliced lengthwise
- Chickpeas: 1 cup, cooked and drained
- Tomatoes: 4, diced
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper (ground): 1/2 teaspoon
- Hot green chillies: 2, finely chopped
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Fructose sugar: 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the asafoetida, zucchinis, capsicum, pumpkin, potato, and turnips.
- Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, black pepper, chillies, salt, and sugar.
- Add 1 cup water and stir well.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes and set aside.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.